Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Learning is Great

I love learning, because it is something you never finish doing.

You learn what you learn, whether through sadness or fun or hardships or love, and then after you're done doing that, you just start learning whatever there is to learn next.

I always feel like the thing to do is to hurry up and learn your lessons. (To really learn them, of course, but not waste time not learning them). Not so much because those lessons will be learned, but because then you get to see what the next lesson will be.

I love learning. I'm hooked on seeing the next problem.

For me, learning is like climbing mountains. The best part of climbing a mountain is not just arriving at the top, it's what you get to see when you get there. And if you love climbing mountains, then there's nothing better to find when you reach the top of one mountain than another mountain you haven't climbed yet.

I think that - like climbing mountains - the more the you learn, the better you get at learning.

If you climb enough mountains, you get good at climbing mountains. How different can mountains be, really? At some level, every mountain is probably just another mountain. Sure, they're all unique and challenging in unique ways, but they are only ever challenging in the ways that mountains can be challenging.

I think learning is the probably the same. That learning is challenging. Of course each lesson is unique and challenging in unique ways, but only in the ways that learning can be challenging.

I love learning, but sometimes, I think it makes me a glutton for punishment.

I stay with learning even when it gets hard. Especially when it gets hard.

I can't get myself to tap out. I take whatever beating I have to take in round 4 so I can come back with the knockout on round 9 and learn the damn lesson.

I'm hoping that one day I'll get better at finding the knockout in round 2 or 3. That I'll learn to see situations more clearly and understand the lessons I'm learning more quickly.

I love the idea of the one punch knockout. That - if only once - I might see my life with clarity enough that I get to learn a lesson without having to take the beating. In and out in round 1. The crowd goes wild.

I love learning because it's something you never finish doing.

I figure, we all have to do something while we're here. If that's the case, it seems nicest to pick something you won't have to stop doing when you get old or busy or tired or any of those things that people "get."

So, I'm all the things I am. A musician, a teacher, a friend, a son, and a bunch of things more.

I feel lucky that I'm a lot of things.

I have a lot of opportunities to learn and I love learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment